Friday, November 7, 2014

Errata

Greetings all,

As I promised here is a post of errata - things that didn't make it into the model or things that I wanted to do but couldn't - or haven't yet.

I previously mentioned wanting to get a jpg of Portown from the window of the Green Dragon.

I would like to add light sources. In one version of the model, I had one of those wagon wheel chandelier things with candles on it in the main dining hall, but it did not make it into subsequent models. So I picture a couple of those around. I imagine oil lamps in the kitchen, and some type of lantern in the game rooms throwing light upon the game boards while leaving the rest of the room in relative shadow.

I'm really not at all satisfied with the windows. I would prefer some sort of diamond paned glass, still in a square wooden casing. Also, I think that in a seaport shutters would be most appropriate.

My biggest complaint about the Green Dragon Inn model and the Portown model is actaully a complaint about the Sketchup software -- it's too clean. I picture Portown as a town full of buildings covered in salt spray. Various places in disrepair and decay, full of rough edges. There really isn't a way of conveying this in Sketchup, short of creating your own materials, which is no small task.

I would also like to add more unique and singular architectural pieces -- friezes, bas reliefs, etc, even some stone gargoyles.

As I told a new acquiantance recently, it feels as though I've spent most of my summer and fall in Portown. I think I may need to take some time away from it, but I know that I will eventually return. Until then, I will undoubtedly continue to use 3D modelling in my campaign, and to use this blog to describe some of the details of Kemen. I hope that you find something useful here.

Best, A

No comments:

Post a Comment