Sunday, April 2, 2017

Aduialtham and Tyrmond

Greetings all,

An update on my progress. I had hoped that my progress n Aduialtham would give the momentum to complete it. I really should know me better by now.

So here is the status of the pieces of Aduialtham:
 
     The Wing: Complete. This was a major undertaking, though it started out as a diversion.
     Summer Hall: 85-90% complete. That is assuming, I don't have another creative burst...
     Winter Hall: Only the bare bones, but given that it is a variation of the Summer Hall, I do
      not anticipate too many problems. Famous last words.
     The Promenade: 90% complete. I have only to correct some structures that didn't
     quite meet up. I'm not sure how to proceed as yet.
     The Watchtower: about 50% complete. I'm finding that my vision of this was incomplete, and I'm  having to try different things.
     Terrace and Terrain: Neither of these has really even been started, primarily because they are easy. I've played with some scratch models.

So it all may take longer than projected.

Also, as diversions there remains the unnamed project, and something new. The new project is an exteriors only model of Upper Tyrmond, which should be lots of fun. It started as part of a development of an underused area of the campaign, a sort of frontier dominated by competing, but not (as yet) hostile irenoni (clans). The oldsters cleared and settled (well, enough for crops) the land, but now the next generation is coming to power, split by allegiance to rival religious cults. The youngest generation has come of age ("grown full"), and is choosing sides...I just now realized how timely this may be. Think Boomers, GenXers and Millenials fighting over territory in a fantasy setting instead of school prayer and transgender bathrooms! Throw the PC's in the middle, in which they must fight to stop a clan war. There is a nearby encounter area that could provide info that could turn the tide...Considering the discussion of it nearly half this post, perhaps you can understand how diverting it is!

I am determined to post new work as soon as I am able. Until then!
levallon


No comments:

Post a Comment