Thursday, September 18, 2014

GDI Update

Greetings!

As I feared, this is taking longer than I had hoped. I essentially started from scratch earlier this week, with the previous model informing the current. On the brighter side, the work is going smoothly and quickly, so I anticipate being able to offer it in less than two weeks.

As I mentioned, I started from scratch. Yet, the interior is coming along very quickly and with greater detail. The original model did not include the cellar, though I'd thought about adding it later. The current model has the cellar, and the ground floor (including game rooms, bar, kitchen and dining hall). What remains are the upper floors which I expect to go quickly.

I had originally planned for the 'Dragon to be three floors above ground plus an attic/garret. Though the final decision has not yet been made, I am leaning toward two floors and the garret. Basically, that would mean one less upper floor. The floor plan as designed by R.C. Pinnell seems sufficient, and making an additional floor, though not difficult, seems out of character for the place. If Portown were a larger city, perhaps.

Feel free to weigh in on this through comments or email. I look forward to being able to reveal the Green Dragon soon.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment